Are You Eligible?
Canada Post’s Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards celebrate the hard work and determination of individuals of Aboriginal heritage who have embraced a renewed pursuit of learning. The awards are open to all Aboriginal Canadians who have been out of school for one year or more, who have since decided to return to an educational system, and who have now been back at school for at least one year. The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards are granted annually to select applicants from across the country, and recipients are awarded $1,000 in recognition of their efforts.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF…
- You are an Aboriginal Canadian (member of a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit),
- You have been out of school for one year or more,
- You returned to school and have recently completed one year of studies (between January 2016 and August 2017), and
- You have never received this award in the past (previous award recipients are not eligible).
HOW TO APPLY:
- Write an essay which details your efforts to get an education. Be sure to include any challenges you have faced in order to pursue your education, why you were out of school for one year (or more), and what life was like during that time. Your essay should also include the reason(s) you decided to return to school, any extraordinary challenges you might now be facing, and how you’re dealing with those challenges. Tell us how your life has changed since you’ve returned to school and what your next steps will be. Your essay should be typed, double-spaced on letter-sized stationery, and no more than five pages long.
- Complete an application form and return it by August 31, 2017. Be sure to include:
- Your essay,
- School transcripts or school letter confirming you’ve completed one year of studies between January 2016 and August 2017 (photocopy is acceptable), and
- A clear photocopy of your membership card or an official letter from a community member confirming that you are an Aboriginal Canadian.
Apply By August 31, 2017