Are you an Aboriginal student living in Nunavut, Yukon, Northwest Territories or Northern BC?
Are you looking for an exciting career in Engineering, Commerce/Business, Computer Science or Electrical/Telecommunications?
Northwestel wants to Invest in Future Northern Employees by offering six (6) $4,000.00 scholarships to Northern Students, to provide summer employment opportunities and to hire after Graduation! Our goal is to have 50% of these scholarships awarded to Aboriginal students every year!
- Enrolled in full-time post secondary studies in a two year diploma program or a four year degree program with your major declared
- Pursuing an education in Engineering, Commerce/Business, Computer Science or Electrical/Telecommunications
- Northern resident (living within Northwestel’s Operating Area)
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT
- Proof of ancestry (photocopy of status card, beneficiary identification or letter) – if applying to be considered for one of the scholarships designated for Aboriginal students
- Proof of northern residency (photocopy of health card)
- Copy of acceptance letter from post-secondary or educational institution
- Copy of most recent transcript (high school, college or university)
- Introduction letter or video
- Current photo for media use (JPEG format)
- Completed and signed application form
The 2016 application period is now closed.
Please check back again for the 2017 Northern Futures Scholarship.