What are the Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards?
The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards celebrate the hard work and determination of individuals of Aboriginal heritage who have embraced a renewed pursuit of learning. The awards are open to all Aboriginal Canadians who have been out of school for at least one year, who have since decided to return to an educational system, and who have been back at school for at least one full year.
The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards are granted annually to select applicants from across the country, and recipients are awarded $1,000 in recognition for their efforts. These awards are just one way Canada Post celebrates diversity and proudly shows its commitment to making a difference in our communities.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
You meet the eligibility criteria if…
- You have never received this award in the past (previous award recipients are not eligible).
HOW TO APPLY
1. Write an essay which details your efforts to get an education.
Be sure to include any challenges you have faced in order to pursue your education, why you were out of school for one year (or more), and what life was like during that time. Your essay should also include the reason(s) you decided to return to school, any extraordinary challenges you might now be facing, and how you’re dealing with those challenges. Tell us how your life has changed since you’ve returned to school and what your next steps will be. Your essay should be typed, double-spaced on letter-sized stationery, and no more than five pages long.
2. Complete an application form and return it by August 31, 2016.
Be sure to include:
- your essay,
- transcripts or a letter which confirm you’ve completed one year of studies since returning to school, and
- a clear photocopy of your membership card or a letter from a community member confirming that you are an Aboriginal Canadian.
Complete application packages are to be received by August 31, 2016.
The application form will be available May 1, 2016.