*APPLICATION PERIOD WILL OPEN MAY 1, 2019*
What are the Canada Post Awards for Indigenous Students?
The Canada Post Awards for Indigenous Students celebrate the hard work and determination of Indigenous peoples who have embraced a renewed pursuit of learning. The awards are open to all First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples who have been out of school for at least one year, who have since decided to return to an educational system, and who have been back at school for at least one full year.
The Canada Post Awards for Indigenous Students are granted annually to select applicants from across the country, and recipients are awarded $2,000 in recognition for their efforts. These awards are just one way Canada Post celebrates diversity and proudly shows its commitment to making a difference in our communities.
Are You Eligible?
You meet the eligibility criteria if…
- You have never received this award in the past (previous award recipients are not eligible).
How To Apply
1. Write an essay which details your efforts to get an education.
Be sure to include any challenges you have faced in order to pursue your education, why you were out of school for one year (or more), and what life was like during that time. Your essay should also include the reason(s) you decided to return to school, any extraordinary challenges you might now be facing, and how you’re dealing with those challenges. Tell us how your life has changed since you’ve returned to school and what your next steps will be. Your essay should be typed, double-spaced on letter-sized stationery, and no more than five pages long.
2. Complete an application form and return it by August 31, 2019. Be sure to include:
- Your essay,
- School transcripts or a school letter confirming you have completed one year of studies between January 2018 and August 2019 (photocopy acceptable), and
- A clear photocopy of your membership card or an official letter from a community member confirming that you are First Nation, Métis or Inuk.
Complete application packages are to be received by August 31, 2019.
For more information about the scholarship including rules and FAQ’s, please click this link.