What are the Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards?
The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards celebrate the hard work and determination of individuals of Aboriginal heritage who have embraced a renewed pursuit of learning. The awards are
open to all Aboriginal Canadians who have been out of school for at least one year, who have since
decided to return to an educational system, and who have been back at school for at least one full year.
The Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards are granted annually to select applicants from across the country, and recipients are awarded $1,000 in recognition for their efforts. These awards are just one way Canada Post celebrates diversity and proudly shows its commitment to making a difference in our communities.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
You meet the eligibility criteria if…
- You have never received this award in the past (previous award recipients are not eligible).
HOW TO APPLY
1. Write an essay which details your efforts to get an education.
We want to know what challenges you’ve faced in order to pursue an education. If you’re applying for this award, you’ve been out of school for one year (or more) and then returned. Tell us why you were out of school – were there any specific challenges at the time? What was life like during those years? We’d like to hear why you returned to school too; what made you decide to continue your education? Are there any extraordinary challenges this time around and, if so, how are you dealing with those challenges? How has your life changed since you returned to school, and what are your next steps? Note that essays should be typed, double-spaced on letter-sized stationery, and no more than five pages long.
2. Complete an application form and return it by August 31, 2017.
Be sure to include:
- your essay,
- school transcripts or a school letter which confirm you’ve completed one year of studies between January 2016 and August 2017,
- a clear photocopy of your membership card or an official letter from a community member confirming that you are an Aboriginal Canadian.